RICOVR Healthcare is an innovative, early-stage Princeton medical device company developing a highly sensitive point-of-care rapid diagnostics platform. Named in the Top 10 of Technology startups in Princeton 2022 and one of Business Insiders Top 26 startups in 2021. Our testing platform leverages the first truly portable nanoparticle detection technology, allowing for fast and non-invasive point-of-care diagnostics. With collaboration of industry experts, the company’s platform is versatile and expanding into new markers of interest in drugs of abuse testing, reproductive health, infectious diseases, and home health monitoring.
We are at an inflection point in bringing this technology to market and are seeking to expand our scientific team with an R&D Integration and Test Engineer. If you want to be a part of commercializing a new technology at the interface of biology, chemistry, engineering, and healthcare while working with an innovative and driven team then you should reach out to us!
- Design and execute experiments involving proof-of-concept hardware, evaluation kits, optical sources and detectors, stepper motors, etc.
- Prototype, design, implement and maintain Plasmonic Fiberoptic Absorbance Biosensor (P-FAB) based diagnostic equipment
- Troubleshooting and identifying the root cause of failures in Plasmonic Fiberoptic Absorbance Biosensor (P-FAB) based diagnostic equipment.
- Develop test methods to support feasibility, characterization, and qualification of processes
- Utilize a growth mindset to continuously improve our Systems Engineering capabilities
- Document protocols and reports at various stages of product development
- Design and develop advanced new test methods, improve existing test methods, measurement techniques, and fixtures
- Develop verification and validation test strategies and equipment to enable the execution of product testing and perform analysis to evaluate designs for short and long-term performance and reliability
- Develops, prepares and executes comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules supporting production and development programs
- Masters degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related field with 3+ years of experience
- Experience with data analysis/visualization tools such as Python, Matlab
- Experience with quick prototyping techniques including 3D printing, micromachining, laser-cutting, laser-molding and injection molded parts
- Background in experimentation with characterization instrumentations, electronics, as well as considerations for practical aspects of product development
- Technical expertise for setting up, operating, maintaining, and debugging medium complexity electronics device with optical subsystems, motor, microcontrollers, displays, etc.
Nice to have:
- Experience in research and development of micro/milli fluidic systems for laboratory instruments, consumables for microfluidic systems
- Experience in biochemistry and/or bioassay development
- Knowledge of regulatory standards applicable to design of medical devices, including ISO 13845, IEC 60601 and IEC 62304
What we offer:
We are located in a major biotechnology hub in New Jersey and offer an excellent collaborative environment at the Princeton Innovation Center Biolabs.
- Competitive Salary
- Equity Participation Program
- Flexible PTO
If you enjoy intellectually challenging projects in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment; and the opportunity to come in at the beginning of a growing start-up excites you, we look forward to talking with you. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.